MakeWebGames

Birthdays

Jeff.S

I've noticed that we had to enter our date of birth on sign up. This is not really a problem for me as I feel trust in the site owners and managers however I would rather not show this to the world just as a matter of privacy.

I've seen that its showing most but not everyones birth dates on the forum but I can't for the life of me find an option to hide this - & no i'm not born 01/01/00, thats just hiding it for now.

The reason herefor is that sites hosted in the USA (server located in the US) have to comply to COPPA.

The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) is a United States law designed to protect children on the Internet. MakeWebGames.com is hosted in the United States and as our site collects personal information also from children under the age of thirteen (13) years (not every member of CE/MWG is older than 13y), we MUST adhere to COPPA regulations.

You can read more about this topic at the following websites:

Children registering on our site will be shown a form where they can fill out profile fields, in addition to entering information about their parent or legal guardian. Once completed, this form is printed out, signed by the parent or legal guardian, and returned via facsimile or postal mail. Receipt of the completed document authorizes you to activate the child's account (via clicking an appropriate button).

As for hiding your birthday, we will ad this feature on the profile settings.