MakeWebGames

[v2] Approval System

I just wanted to know if anyone would have any use of an approval system. This is how it works. The user signs up. The user isnt allowed to Xfer anything until a staff member reads the pending approval and accepts it. The pending approvals compares the ip of the user to other members, and it will tell u if its a multi or not. u may deny it, which basically restricts the user from logging in, or if u accept, they can xfer. So tell me if u guys want it and i'll post it

Re: [v2] Approval System

I just wanted to know if anyone would have any use of an approval system. This is how it works. The user signs up. The user isnt allowed to Xfer anything until a staff member reads the pending approval and accepts it. The pending approvals compares the ip of the user to other members, and it will tell u if its a multi or not. u may deny it, which basically restricts the user from logging in, or if u accept, they can xfer. So tell me if u guys want it and i'll post it

Post the code then and people will check weather or not they want the mod ;)

This is an interesting idea, personally i have restricted any trading on same ip and also restricted trades till they reach level 10...

however you could take this one step further, they can't send messages, enter the forum or trade, till approval is given...

this would not only stop same ip users but also would be a nice prevention for people signing up just to spam their games in forums and mails...

perhaps with a message popping up for staff stating x amount of users awaiting approval, with a link to approval accept page...

Approval would need to be quick else users will get bored with the lack of available options and i can probably assure you that many will leave for this matter, unless of course you have staff online 24/7.

Personally just having something that prevents those with the same IP to sign up would be sufficient.

Approval would need to be quick else users will get bored with the lack of available options and i can probably assure you that many will leave for this matter, unless of course you have staff online 24/7.

Personally just having something that prevents those with the same IP to sign up would be sufficient.

I have to Agree with Radio on this one if the staff dont do there job correctly you could lose more rather than gain

yea.. some ppls games dont have 24/7 staff. I have staff on about 22 hours a day

You say it will stop them xfer'ing does this mean transfering money , items, bank xfer etc..? and if so why should this stop them logging in ? why not just ensure the user(s) cannot transfer, as a result of this they will not find use for the 'spam' account so you can just run a queery every 90 days to delete inactive users, which will include that extra account as im sure they will no longer use the account???

Im drawn to a new conclusion and that conclusion being that if staff were rewarded for ther effectiveness this system just might actually work.

So an idea would be to get the users involved with monthly Polls on their fav staff.

Just a thought

i think this idea is excellent personally as they can till play just not trade and to be honest only reason they would want to trade when 1st started is as a multi account sending to their main...

i do think blocking forum and mail would be good too if you have active staff

rewarding staff i give them a crystal bonus everyday of 200 crystals and they get gradient names (in game price of 10k crystals)

i think this idea is excellent personally as they can till play just not trade and to be honest only reason they would want to trade when 1st started is as a multi account sending to their main...

rewarding staff i give them a crystal bonus everyday of 200 crystals and they get gradient names (in game price of 10k crystals)

Hence if you stopped multi's from the beginning your not making an extra full time job for your staff which in effect keeps the job easy, but if your staff are twiddling their thumbs then by all means put them to work.

However it could be sensible to use both scripts; being the preventing of the same IP at signup and then needing approval by staff, but i think preventing users from sending mail is a bad idea shrek, it would be in my opinion to rather restrict the amount of mails one can send in a certain time frame, i believe that would prove more effective in the circumstances.

As for your "Crystals" reward situation, you seem to have a massive influx of them if your rewarding 200 each day. Its almost creating an in game Zimbabwe, meaning you have extensive hyper inflation as you've (im guessing) put the trading for crystals up to make an equal ratio, making 1 crystal pretty much worthless, which i suppose is one way to solve the problem, from a Zimbabwe perspective. Haa, I'm just picky over those sorts of things so dont listen to me :wink:

Hence if you stopped multi's from the beginning your not making an extra full time job for your staff which in effect keeps the job easy, but if your staff are twiddling their thumbs then by all means put them to work.

However it could be sensible to use both scripts; being the preventing of the same IP at signup and then needing approval by staff, but i think preventing users from sending mail is a bad idea shrek, it would be in my opinion to rather restrict the amount of mails one can send in a certain time frame, i believe that would prove more effective in the circumstances.

As for your "Crystals" reward situation, you seem to have a massive influx of them if your rewarding 200 each day. Its almost creating an in game Zimbabwe, meaning you have extensive hyper inflation as you've (im guessing) put the trading for crystals up to make an equal ratio, making 1 crystal pretty much worthless, which i suppose is one way to solve the problem, from a Zimbabwe perspective. Haa, I'm just picky over those sorts of things so dont listen to me :wink:

i actually increased the levelling costs in my game so crystals are quite valuable, later levels will cost around 4k crystals increasing to 20k for last levels... so crystal prices are stable...

on the whole my economy is pretty stable my game is over a year and a half old now (520 days) and there is still stuff for members to save cash for...

Haa nothing against it mate :wink: I guessed your economy was stable as i said "put the trading for crystals up to make an equal ratio" which is fair enough, only thing that annoys me (not directed at you in particular but a general statement) is games that have extensive amounts of money and crystals in the game, so instead of having something cost say 50 crystals and 100 crystals, it actually costs 5000 crystals and 10,000 crystals in the hyper inflated economy.

But again, im not trying to pick a fight here haa, just stating my point of view on games with that method :wink:

no mate i actually agree with you, i think with hind sight i would have made prices be more realistic, i'm in the process of creating a 3rd game and seriously considering dropping all prices...

but!!! i have members who play both games but use one game to trade which i dont really mind as it means who they trade to are playing...

so if i knock prices down it would stop traders on 3rd...

max cost of anything in my game is 500mill top house, which i guess is high but not too bad.... i have seen some games with top house at 6 billion :-o

Guest Sniko`

I know that people think it is a bad idea (so do i - no offence) but i think it will be a good mod to post as you are new - so long you are contributing xD