MakeWebGames

[MCcode V2 or V1] raDiO's Raffle Script [$10 USD]

radio_active

Script: raDiO's Raffle Script (Second CE sold Mod)

Price: $10 USD

Copies Available 12

How it works:

My Advanced Raffle script is a raffle that enables more freedom for both the users and the staff. Staff have the capability of changing the price of the raffle tickets through the staff menu, users can now type in the amount of tickets they wish to purchase in bulk which is looped into the database. On the standard version (being the one i am selling), users can only buy from 1-20 tickets at a time and no more then 500 each, but this again is easily edited with guides through the coding files. Once the raffle is finally drawn, 3 winners are chosen at random (of course) and they share the earnings, 1st gets 70%, 2nd gets 20% and 3rd gets 10%. But not only this, then 15% of that raffle pot is then put back into the new weeks pot giving some incentive for users to play again.

There is also a feature which enables users to witness the previous 25 winners of the raffle, they see who came 1st, 2nd and 3rd, their earnings and on what date it was at.

As far as look go, it is fairly bland but can easily be spiced up to suit your own game theme.

What is to come?

I have very little time for my own game at the moment so it is running rather as a testing site for the time being. When i find time i will put it into my scripts. But here are some idea's that maybe you would like to integrate yourself if you purchase, or, they are what i will integrate at some stage when i get the time.

• Staff can add desired amounts of money to the pot if they wish
  • You cannot come more then 1 place if you are selected twice at random
  • Staff can view what users have purchased tickets and if so, how many
  • Staff can re-credit money back to users if they for example, buy too many tickets, staff can delete these tickets and money is automatically credited back

That is just a few ideas that i have on my mind for the future.

Files included

raffle.php

staff_raffle.php

cron_weekly.php

instructions.txt

4 screenshot pictures

Screenies

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq19 ... cture1.png

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq19 ... cture2.png

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq19 ... cture3.png

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq19 ... cture4.png

Note: When tested i was the only person purchasing tickets which is why my username has shown up as 1st 2nd and 3rd but it has been tested with other users and all is well.

Services

All those who purchase have 1 year, i repeat, 1 YEAR of upgrades and services, so if the script is edited for better efficiency, it will be sent to those who have purchased.

So in other words, a warranty and upgrades service of 1 Year.

I keep all the details of each purchase down to the dates, transaction id's and sites registered too etc so i can keep track of everything.

Final Note

Earlier in the year when i started working on this script i received some help from Floydian in creating the cron so it would be most efficient and i guarentee you will like what you see, everything is easily edited when it comes to how much each user receives of the pot etc etc

If you would like some feedback on my coding skills etc, there are some replies on my other thread

http://criminalexistence.com/ceforums/i ... ic=27496.0

Thankyou

Re: [MCcode V2 or V1] raDiO's Raffle Script [$10 USD]

Update: There is now a Javascript countdown timer that counts down to the end of the current weeks raffle. Can be adjusted to suit your own game times via the javascript file.

Slight addition to the staff panel and a whole new feature is being made right now.

For those having issues with the cron_weekly cron adding events then get rid of the evnt section completely and look inside your staff.php for this line

$db->query("INSERT INTO announcements VALUES('{$_POST['text']}', unix_timestamp())");
$db->query("UPDATE users SET new_announcements=new_announcements+1");

after removing the event_add from the cron_weekly then add this

$db->query("INSERT INTO announcements VALUES('The following people have won this weeks raffle:
$message 
There is \$$extra in the pot to start off the new week. ', unix_timestamp())");
$db->query("UPDATE users SET new_announcements=new_announcements+1");

This will add to your Announcements rather than cluttering up your Events

So good to see my script has been distributed already!

9 Copies left

NO he is my coder and he just wanted to point out the problem, so it hasent be given away .1. you can buy more then 500 (i currently have more then 500)

-----------------------------

2. you can buy more then 20 per lot (i bought 300 in one lot) and the game took the cash fine

You may only buy 1-20 tickets at a time

Go back

-------------------

3. if you do buy more the 20 in a lot it doesnt count toward the total bought for the raffle game wide but it counts in your own total

---------------

4. weather you buy less then 20 or more then 20 it takes your cash ok

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Death_rider, in one of my functions i forgot to state the $h variable which is the means to all of those problems you stated, all that was needed was an explanation that he was infact your coder and all would have been well, which it all is. I am refurbishing the main file and will send it out to all users who have bought this.

Again thanks for pointing that out.

• 2 years later...