MakeWebGames

Google Speed (No it's not a drug)

shedh

Well today I've been looking at Google's new idea of making the web faster and not just their sites.

We all know about Google or should know about their obsession of making their sites faster, they try to get things done under a second, depending on the user. Well Google announced their going to help us do the same, how?

Well i don't exactly know how, but they did give some good information:

You can use the tools found at http://code.google.com/speed/downloads.html for some tools you can use to help your site become faster.

They also give some ideas on how to make your php faster by using ' rather than " (Google PHP Performance Tips)

Another great on is how to reduce the size of a HTML file which effectively makes things faster (Reducing the file size of HTML documents)

Google are calling their "Let's make the web faster" idea "Google Speed"

Shedh

Re: Google Speed (No it's not a drug)

This is very good examples on how to speed up web page's. How ever, i do not use the , instead i use . I might change from now on, but scheming through my engine's code i have used . through out my code. I might change this for faster performance.

The other day me & bluedevil23 were discussing he brough up a blog that said " is faster than ', which i highly doubt. But we will leave it to that.

I hope alot of you guy's put notice to these option's to make other live's easier, as we all hate lag.