MakeWebGames

HottestGames.com

HottestGames

I'd like to announce a new multi-category toplist site that has several nice features that should appeal to many of the game webmasters on this forum.

HottestGames.com

There is a dedicated category for browser-based games, perfect for many of the members here.

Rankings are based on unique visitors in the last 24 hours, and are updated every five minutes.

I know many of you use other topsite websites to help promote your games, and may be wondering why you should bother with HottestGames.com.

Here are a few reasons that I hope will help you consider joining:

1. Registration is completely free.

2. Every website listing includes a hard text link. Most toplist sites only offer http://wwww.sometoplistsite.com/out.php?id=xxxxxx" style links, which does nothing to improve your site's inbound links rating. This will become even more valuable as the PageRank of HottestGames.com increases, which will help to pass some "link juice" to your site.

3. Lots of exposure - I am now ramping up a very extensive marketing campaigns to promote the launch of HottestGames.com on several ad networks including: Google Adwords, AdvertiseYourGame.com, ProjectWonderful.com among others. HottestGames.com will grow quickly, and will continually be optimized and improved to provide as much traffic as possible to the games in our database.

4. Listings on other genre ranking pages. Most topsite lists limit listings of member sites to whichever genre your site is assigned to. HottestGames.com allows sites in all categories to gain extra exposure via a special "Featured Site" top spot on each genre ranking page. The top 100 sites in the entire HG database have an equal chance for one of those Featured Site spots each time the ranking pages are rebuilt (every 5 minutes). We all know that many PC gamers play games from many different genres, so why limit a member's exposure to only their "default" genre? This is a great way for you to gain new members for your game.

See the image below for an example of a shooter game featured on the Browser Games ranking page:

featured.jpg

5. I am a fellow browser game owner and developer. I am very willing to work with the game development community to add features to HottestGames.com that will help game owners get the most out of the topsite relationship. One thing I am considering is a two-way vote confirmation system/API, so that you only give rewards to your members who actually vote for your game (and thereby improve its ranking in the lists). I would love to hear suggestions and ideas from game developers/admins on how to make HottestGames.com offer the maximum value to sites in the ranking database (i.e. how to maximize the amount of traffic back to members).

I hope you consider including HottestGames.com in your future game promotion plans.

Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions you might have to improve the usefulness of HottestGames.com to game admins: http://www.hottestgames.com/contact.php

Thanks for your time.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: HottestGames.com

Thanks for the great feedback. :)

As I said, I am a browser-game owner. I bought an existing mccodes game a few months ago (Mafia-Rule). Right now, I am working on a very advanced browser game built on the Horizon engine. When the beta for that game is opened, I'll be sure to announce it here.

The reason I built HottestGames.com was because I was not very happy with most of the toplist sites out there. To me they all seem rather one-sided, sucking in all traffic from member sites, but not providing much back in return, and not even giving members a true text link.

With HottestGames, I tried to make the toplist/game owner relationship more equitable, by giving member sites as much exposure as possible (see the first post in this thread for more discussion on that).

I am also very open to suggestions on features to be added to HottestGames that would enable webmasters and game owners to get more out of their topsite relationship.

Feel free to join up on HottestGames. I am feeding quite a bit of traffic to the site right now, so with few sites in the database, you are sure to get some nice traffic in return. I expect the database to fill up pretty quickly with lots of games.