MakeWebGames

New Banner I Made

redsnake420

Guest Anonymous

Re: New Banner I Made

The Omega Crime text is pretty good...you have played with some different textures and styles. I would try using some sort of lighter shadow to pop the text out from the background a bit..

Id use a plainer style for the slogan...smaller text doesnt need all the fancy style the main name logo does.

The colors are a bit off with blues, reds, and grays...

Personally I find oranges and yellows pop better on blues then reds...blue and orange are actually complementary colors

This also extends to other fields such as contrasting colors in logos and retail display. When placed next to each other, complements make each other appear brighter

;)

The copyrighted image...is something I hate to see used on commercial games...but meh seems to be the fashion around here...but you have also distorted the image making it blurry and out of focus.

Guest Anonymous

Re: New Banner I Made

also i know i hate seeing copyrighted images but with this particular banner i would suck if i tried to make that myself

That may be true...but with some good stock and practice you would be surprised whats possible....you may need to combine a few images and work a lil harder for the end result...and it wont be illustration quality character art, but at least it wont infringe on someone else's work.

www.sxc.hu is a free stock site...it doesnt have quite the quality of images you can get by paying a small fee, but Ive definetely found some useful images on it. If you are serious about doing banners and ads for people then I suggest you buy some credits and set up an account on istock (or something similar sxc has stockxpert as a sister site)...most banners only need the smallest size of photo so it costs a credit...I believe the current price is 12 credits for 15 dollars.