MakeWebGames

can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here

shaved92bravada

$changeinfo = sprintf("UPDATE `usershops` SET `location` = `%d` , `shopname` = '%s', `shopdescription` = '%s' WHERE `userid` = ('%u')",$_POST['sl'], $_POST['shopname'],$_POST['description'], $userid);
$db->query($changeinfo);

I am getting this error

QUERY ERROR: Unknown column '1' in 'field list'

Query was UPDATE `usershops` SET `location` = `1` , `shopname` = 'Testing ', `shopdescription` = 'Testing functions still' WHERE `userid` = ('1')

I am still trying to get used to using sprintf so if I am doing something that I shouldn't be point me in the right direction please.

Re: can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here

still getting the same error... it has something to do with the location I am just not sure what

but if I dont need the () around the `%u` then that will save two extra keystrokes lol.

anyway the location field in the table is int (11) just like normal I just can't figure out why it is saying unknown field and then the location # when it should just update the location to that number..... any more help will be appreciated.

I am attempting to make my own usershops mod if your wondering lol.

Re: can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here

Shaved, i would suggest spreading out your work like luke has done. It make's it easier for us to kind of read it.

Yeah I plan on going back through and making everything legible for others to read. etc. I have been wanting usershops for awhile so I am using examples from the regular shops, itembuy, etc and making my own. Once I get it done I am thinking of having ya'll look over it privately and see what else I can do to secure it better, etc. I have figured out that the only way I am gonna learn is to try it.

Error was, as I did not say yet...

You were using back ticks around the `%d` - they need to be apostrophes.

Table and row names = back ticks

Anything else = apostrophe

Of course, I may have forgot about something that will make this wrong, but for the most part, that is how it should be.

I knew it was gonna be something simple like that.... but now that I know what to do it shall make it easier the next time.