MakeWebGames

PBBG Contest

POG1

Re: PBBG Contest

Umm, you cannot use any pre-made scripts or game engines.

I don't think that's explicitly stated in the rules, but it is a developer contest. Using a script or game engine takes a lot of work out of it.

Since this is the first contest and I forgot to mention that rule, you can go ahead and use a game engine, but I'll warn you, the judges are looking for something that is also unique. So you should probably try to modify the game so much that you can't really tell it's made from a game engine :P

So, what's the actual benefits for this?

Someone creates the winning engine, and you keep it. What's those rewards actually valuate to the developer?

It's actually a contest that has a concept which is ludicrously unprofessional. I don't think thats good.

The prizes are listed on the website.

The judges only play the game and I don't think it requires the codes to be handed over. The prizes are all ones which would benefit a game (intentionally for the game you developed for the contest) by hopefully bringing more players from advertising and reviews.

So, what's the actual benefits for this?

Someone creates the winning engine, and you keep it. What's those rewards actually valuate to the developer?

It's actually a contest that has a concept which is ludicrously unprofessional. I don't think thats good.

There is absolutely no mention on an 'engine'. It's best if you code stuff yourself (or get somebody to code it for you).

I don't keep anything. You don't have to make anything open source, hand over any code, turn over control of your game or anything of the sort.

There are prizes involved. Lots of them, sure to benefit your new game plenty.

Please read next time :)