MakeWebGames

[mccodes V2] Bounty Hunter Game

War_Hero

Hi all!

I've been developing this mod for two days and have finally finished it. :)

Name: Bounty Hunter

Description: The user win a large sum of money (depending on how you set you) if they join the bounty hunt. However, before they can join, they must buy life insurance. This comes at a costly price, but again, is easily changeable. Once they buy life insurance, they can then join the hunt. They can choose to join one of two search parties: Search Party 1 or Search Party 2. Once chosen, the user must then choose the location they want to search in. After choosing the location, they must confirm their choices. Once confirmed, they can start the search. Search Party 1 will take 30 minutes to complete the search and Search Party 2 will take 80 minutes to complete the search. Therefore, there is a higher chance of finding the bounty if they user joins Search Party 2, as the search is longer.

All chance formulas and outcomes can easily be changed. I have included comments to help. :)

Installation!

Step 1:

Run this SQL in PHPMyAdmin:

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Step 2:

Add this cron into cron_minute.php:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Step 3:

Then create a file called bountyglobals.php and paste this in it:

Add include "bountyglobals.php"; at the top of every page that you do not want the user to access when in a bounty hunt.

Step 4:

Then put this link somewhere in explore.php:

(cont'd next post)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [mccodes V2] Bounty Hunter Game

(cont'd from last post)

Paste the remaining code into the file:

I hope you all enjoy this mod.

I am open to all comments. If you find any errors, please post. Also, if you use this mod, please post as well. :)

Thank you.

nice mod but where do i change the bounty price i see its at 400 million or somthing !

In the index() function, change the $prize = $400; to $prize = X, replacing X with what you want.

Then, in function location_search(), change the $prize2 = 400000000; to match what you did with the index() function. :)

Wow!! Nice work, War_Hero! :)

Great to see how an initial idea of mine turns into a full mod! :D Great work mate! :)

Dont try and claim his work!

"how an initial idea of mine"

Im sure you were not the first person to think of a bounty hunt!

PS. War_Hero, you said the the user will win a large sum of money if they join the bounty. Are you saying ONE user who joins the bounty hunt wins it (if it is a group mod) or everyone will win when the join (singular)?

By singular i mean its a script that one person takes part in by himself and by group mod i mean one where you may have 10 users and 1 of them wins.

Radio_Active...

I forgot to mention (as I had to remove a bit of text to fit everything in), I coded this from scratch. I got the idea from a user on my brother's game.

:)

Im going to guess that user from his brother's game, is "SoldierB" , seeing as he only has one post here, and prolly just joined to see his idea in action.

Radio_Active...

I forgot to mention (as I had to remove a bit of text to fit everything in), I coded this from scratch. I got the idea from a user on my brother's game.

:)

Im going to guess that user from his brother's game, is "SoldierB" , seeing as he only has one post here, and prolly just joined to see his idea in action.

IF that is so, forgive me i did not understand =) I thought he was just a random so im sorry soldierb =)

ahh yes the cron does not work as it still says

You are currently involved with a bounty hunt. You won't be able to access this page until you finish the hunt in 30 minutes.

The cron works fine for me. You may have an issue with your cron_minute.

Thank you all for the comments.

And just for clarification, SoldierB is the user from my brother's game who gave me this idea, but I developed it a little from his original idea. :)

PS. War_Hero, you said the the user will win a large sum of money if they join the bounty. Are you saying ONE user who joins the bounty hunt wins it (if it is a group mod) or everyone will win when the join (singular)?

By singular i mean its a script that one person takes part in by himself and by group mod i mean one where you may have 10 users and 1 of them wins.

At the moment, the user joins a group, but not with any other user. Then, if they find the bounty, they get the prize. So, any use can win. :) However, I may develop this some more and add in a few extras, then possibly sell it, if it's worth selling. As I'm not much good with business as such, I'd need a few opinions on whether or not a developed version of this would be worth selling.

Hey war_hero great mod i must say... but when we have finished and the time has ticked down it doesn't finish and says You're already in the bounty hunt. Click Here to continue. then

Search Parties

Now's the time to select your search party. You have 2 to choose from:

Search Party 1 - 30 minutes

Search Party 2 - 80 minutes

After choosing your party, click on Start Searching. You will search for the assigned time for the party that you chose to join.

any thoughts?