MakeWebGames

Internet Explorer 8

Vorless DarkChaos

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Internet Explorer 8

I have to say... i do prefere firefox.. but, there is a lot of applications ive opened in firefox that have crashed the browser and when i open them in IE they sucsesfully open... so i say there both ok... but FF is the way forwards ;).

Guest Anonymous

Re: Internet Explorer 8

IMHO IE sucks ... There are a lot of issues with it's so-called standardization and because it is built by MS, it has the ability far more than other browsers to hook and be hooked into the operating system itself, leaving itself wide open to vulnerabilities.

Unfortunately, a tremendous amount of you young whipersnappers use IE, (mdshare, myself and probably a few others remember the good old days of high speed browsing AKA Lynx), so the market has to be geared to cope with IE's flaws.

I'm not saying other browser don't have flaws .. far from it, Opera is just well ... odd when it comes to CSS, Safari, least said the better, and Firefox has some memory issues at the moment.

However... a good trick for developers wanting to check their sites in multiple browsers, search for "browsercam" - basically, you submit your page(s), to the site, they render them in a massive number of different browsers, versions, operating systems etc and screenshot the result. Ideal!

So for all you budding web designers, my personal opinion is leave IE, get with the fox and use the 'cam to proof read your sites for pixel perfection.