MakeWebGames

Crystal / Bank Transfer Bug.

chaoswar4u

Re: Crystal / Bank Transfer Bug.

It's not two browsers, it is two computers. Hitiing the same button at the same time, can create multiple queries running at the same time, thus not giving it time to update the database, so it doesnt know your actually out of money, and letting you deposit it all twice.

I would also like a fix for this if anyone knows how.

bank.php, crystalbank.php....any page.

A user waits til theres a little lag on the game, then gets two computers, does an action(any action) on both computers at the same time, and since the database is lagging, it takes a second or two to do, and it doesnt update the query right when its clicked, and when the server finally goes to get the queries, it executes them both at the same time.

So, if you deposit everything thats in your hand twice, then the database reads both those queries at the same time, which means it shows on both queries you still have that amount in hand, thus depositing the money twice.

This can be done with anything. I talked to a coder of a different game and he said there is a way to limit the database to take 1 query at a time. It won't slow down the game, as queries take milliseconds to run.

• 1 year later...

did you ever find a solution for this? i know it's possible but i can't seem to find any specifics on how it's done. There are games that don't allow more than one window open (tab or browser or computer) which would be ideal. I can limit the number of pages per second, but 1 page per second can be a pain in some places. Please let me know if you found something, thanks.