MakeWebGames

EXP given in attacks?

chaoswar4u

Im having problems regarding EXP given out when a user attacks. A few of my members I found it to attack each other for EXP however when they are around the same level each its giving them around 30 - 50% exp thus can level quite alot in a day. Now I no in the attacktake.php which has a formula for exp however I carnt get a good effect from it. Now unless I should be changing this from somewhere els I dont no. I just need help in either to bring down EXP when a user attacks and leaves or a way to limit the attacks a user can do per day to another user (e.g 5 attacks per day per 1 user id). Any help would be very greatful Thx all for your time and help if posted in advance.

Re: EXP given in attacks?

correction:

$expgain=rand($qe/4,$qe/2);

$expperc=(int) ($expgain/$ir['exp_needed']*100);

change that bit.

$qe is the level*level*level

dont play with "$expperc=(int) ($expgain/$ir['exp_needed']*100);" taht is your globl exp formular

Thx for the replys people. Least for one thing i am changing the right bit of code. This peace of code $expgain=rand($qe/4,$qe/2); which number is best to be changed to alter EXP given. Im unsure how its calculating this so carnt understand whats happening. For example i run V2 mccodes and the formula is $expgain=rand($qe/2,$qe); Ive added a / and a number to the other $qe which mine hasn't got however if the values are set wrong it begings to give fixed amounts of hp and not be random. WIthout understanding the calculation its all guess work and causes players not to be happy with incorrect changes ?????????????????? :?

Thx for the reply's. After much thought of not upseting my members i decided to make the formula change at certain levels. Thus as you go up levels the formula gets harder. A steady increase instead of an instant change seems to have worked in my game. Could be an idea in other games.