MakeWebGames

PHP script to create email address and sub domains.

Will

As the title said, is there any script which can create a sub domain on your domain; e.g "sub.thecrimelife.net".

Also is there anyway a script can create an email address on your domain. e.g. "[email protected]".

The only way I can think of doing this is to make a script which can do it through the cpanel interface, I have made a working interface to make sub domains, but it seems a bit long winded.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: PHP script to create email address and sub domains.

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3534.html

You can try that to use cpanel with php, I haven't used it because I don't have cpanel ten (which it needs)

There's a way to do both without 'officially' doing it, basically, if you research wildcard subdomains, and catch-all email addresses.

Unless you can spare $50/user/year, and you can use Google apps for your mail (i've wanted to do this, it's just too expensive for now)

Re: PHP script to create email address and sub domains.

Yeah I have some script like that which I changed for cPanel 11. Someone somewhere on a site said about using Shell access. Because although I could use cpanel my intended use will make hundreds of sub domains and emails.