MakeWebGames

Sick and Tired of Them

Arson

:x :x :x

I am flat out sick and tired of people trying to sell mods that dont belong to them. I personally dont sell mods, but I see other peoples' mods being resold illegally all the time and it really pisses me off because coders work hard and spend a lot of time on their work (i know because im a coder duh) and then someone turns around and sells it like its their own without any work at all. Its making it rather hard to trust people. If I start selling mods I will only sell them to the people I trust not to resell and capitalize off someone elses work. What do you guys think about these theives?!

Re: Sick and Tired of Them

I'm with you Arson. I'm in the same boat, I don't sell most of the mods I write (I want to keep them unique). Even if I were to consider selling more, I'd be very concerned about this trend and lack of ethics. Unfortunately, there is not a lot that can be done about it. It would take hours and hours of searching this forum to see who's been trustworthy and who clearly hasn't. *sigh*

Of course the Free MC Codes doesn't help this situation.

I agree with you both! UCC there is stuff that can be done, HOWEVER, it's a HUGE cost. But regardless, I have custom mods that I did MYSELF on Kingsandpwns and I wont sell them because I don't want people reselling them. I have a crystal crops mod, I was accused of stealing ideas from Travian, LMFAO, regardless, I think that we need to do something, don't know what yet though.

Off topic, but, Arson do you still need that graphic designer? :P

I dont think there is any way for us to stop them other than using an encryptor like Zend Guard or Copyrighting it by going through the actual legal copyrighting process. People keep saying its Uber expensive to do that though.

I dont think there is any way for us to stop them other than using an encryptor like Zend Guard or Copyrighting it by going through the actual legal copyrighting process. People keep saying its Uber expensive to do that though.

from what i know....it costs alot!!!! (to get it copyrighted throught the actual legal procces)

Yup these new kids try and sell dabomstew's codes that come with paid versions.

hold dat thought a little..am new, but i dont go selling mods...made by other people

he was simply saying that the people that do it are n00bs to the ce community...hes not saying that all the noobs do it :p

I'm with you guys 110% it is annoying when people give/sell other's mods when they havnt even spent a drop of swet creating them! If you want a good copyright purchase go to a site i joined up with 2weeks back www.copyrightservices.com they offer what your looking for, i paid $1,100 for 10 years through there legal services names CopyScope, take in mind this isn't for everyone who thinks..

"Oh i have a script i'm gonna do that"

You have to have proof the whole shit is yours, they will go through that process with you.. I hope this helps some of you guys! because all i see lately is 100's of the same damn game with mods flying left right and center! I had my own mod travel around and tried being sold back to me! Now thats funny lol.. Moving on, They times what you have by 3 which put my stuff to $1,100 for insurance purposes, and you pay that for either 2 years 10 years or 30years!

Check it out no harm in trying, they already doubt with 1 site for me.. Got intouch with there host and told them to remove the data from the game or legal action will be taken! Quick responce 4hours my mod was off the site :)

I'm with you guys 110% it is annoying when people give/sell other's mods when they havnt even spent a drop of swet creating them! If you want a good copyright purchase go to a site i joined up with 2weeks back www.copyrightservices.com they offer what your looking for, i paid $1,100 for 10 years through there legal services names CopyScope, take in mind this isn't for everyone who thinks..

You have to have proof the whole shit is yours, they will go through that process with you.. I hope this helps some of you guys! because all i see lately is 100's of the same damn game with mods flying left right and center! I had my own mod travel around and tried being sold back to me! Now thats funny lol.. Moving on, They times what you have by 3 which put my stuff to $1,100 for insurance purposes, and you pay that for either 2 years 10 years or 30years!

Check it out no harm in trying, they already doubt with 1 site for me.. Got intouch with there host and told them to remove the data from the game or legal action will be taken! Quick responce 4hours my mod was off the site :)

LoL...Thats kind of funny. You got screwed. 10 years lmao.......a Legal US Copyright should last for the life of the Author plus 50 years. (or is it 70? Bah I cant remember...)...But yeah, you might wanna do some research, because I learned that in my Business Law class and I know its true hehe

If you copyright in one country, is it good for all of them? Like I live in Canada, if I copyright a base code of my own, and then an American citizen steal it, can I sue them?

If the countries are in good standings with eachother then you can have something done about it.....If not, you are screwed... Eg. You Copyright something in America and someone in Portugal steals it, good luck getting someone to do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure that Canada and the US have an agreement on Copyright Laws. So yes, you could technically.

LoL...Thats kind of funny. You got screwed. 10 years lmao.......a Legal US Copyright should last for the life of the Author plus 50 years. (or is it 70? Bah I cant remember...)...But yeah, you might wanna do some research, because I learned that in my Business Law class and I know its true hehe

I think your find i didn't get "screwed" and besides, i was just posting a lil help out, jeez!!

Oh and your on about a "binding agrement" ans that's 75 years! That's when all law suits come out the wood work and people gettin busted for fraud!! What your find i have... legal Notice, cover's action of faulse dislcament of code/pictures... This is 10 year's and a great job they do too, straight to there host to deal with the matter and done!

The difference between Legal Notice and Privacy of CopyRight is they will sue the person doin it! What i have may prosicute the host for allowing such defrayment.

I do law & sicology, so why dont you go do some research ;) "Just trying to help out other's bro.. kk"

• 4 weeks later...