MakeWebGames

Favicons Set Up

jay-dogg2006

What is a favicon?

Favicons are the little icons that show next to bookmarks and in the address bar of most browsers. Favicons are 16 pixels square. Upload a 16 x 16 pixel PNG . This favicon maker supports alpha transparency.

Once you create your favicon.ico file, upload it to the root directory of your website and put the following code in your header.php making sure that the link is below the

tag

Here is an example of a favicon:

favicon.jpg

there are .ico image makers out there to help you just google : favicon.ico

+1 rep if ya use it :)

Re: Favicons Set Up

zaver you can shut your mouth now you cant say you never looked on the internet for ways of doing things every one has done it hell i do it every day learning what things can and cannot do. why dont you give some credit to jamie. he has done this so you people on this forum can use this and make there site look nice and stand out more.

and am i right but did jamie say anything like he created this........NO he did not.

zaver you can shut your mouth now you cant say you never looked on the internet for ways of doing things every one has done it hell i do it every day learning what things can and cannot do. why dont you give some credit to jamie. he has done this so you people on this forum can use this and make there site look nice and stand out more.

and am i right but did jamie say anything like he created this........NO he did not.

Well, when I look at stuff on the internet, I cite where I got it. Otherwise it's called plagiarism. You can look that word up at www.dictionary.com because I know they don't teach those kind of words in 7th grade. Even though he didn't claim it was his, it's still classified as plagiarism. And you shouldn't be telling people to "shut your mouth" when you don't know jack shit about anything.

to be honest i dont care if you come here flashing your big words around.

why dont you respect what some people are doing.

and be greatfull because honestly there only trying to earn respect and help others.

i admit it i was talking to jamie on msn and he told me first as i took ages looking for this and yet he found it in a matter or minutes so he told me what to do and then he posted it in forums.

INCASE anyone else had trouble finding it and was unsure of what to do.

Guest Anonymous

Its nice to share helpful hints but in the future , please site the original author...its in our rules NOT to copy and paste others work from other sites...either add a link or just paste a link period.

http://www.clickfire.com/viewpoints/art ... vicons.php

or

http://www.favicon.co.uk/

I dont know your source but here are a few helpful ones...

• 1 year later...