MakeWebGames

Established Game for Sale.

Diesl

**** GAME SOLD ****

Blade of Eternity

http://www.bladeofeternity.com

I would like to offer the opportunity to purchase the online game Blade of Eternity from me and to continue on with its development and growth. I am looking for someone who is passionate about game development and being a game admin.

Unfortunately, my career and personal life has put a large restriction on the amount of time I can put towards the game. I foresee that my productivity will not increase in the near future as my commitments will keep me away from adding new features and being an active game admin. I don't feel that it is fair the player base and to the game if they are managed by an inactive admin.

Here is a background on Blade of Eternity

• The game is fantasy themed set in the medieval ages.
  • The game has been live since July 2010 and has seen a constant flow of new players registering for the game.
  • The game currently has about 8,500 registered players with an average daily active player base of 100+

Game Features (a list of additional features apart from the game engine)

• Players can choose up to 3 character paths upon reaching level 10, and can further choose character classes once they reach level 40 and level 125.
  • Players are able to learn skills (which influence their stats) based on their level, class and path.
  • There are 4 weapon types in the game and 2 armor types as well as shields
  • Players are able to take on quests which requires them to obtain a certain amount of items or stats
  • Players are able to join clans
    • Clans allow players to work for them which give them the ability to purchase special clan only items
    • Clans are able to purchase clan halls which gives boosts to players
    • Clans can engage in clan war

[*]A worship function which allows players to obtain items by “praying to the game elders”

[*]Daily tasks

[*]New players guide and checklist

[*]Newsfeed

[*]Functionality for game wide events (collecting items to gain prizes)

[*]Custom AJAX features

• Search feature
    • Training page
    • NPC Battle tent
    • Player-Attack feature (not entirely rolled out)

[*]A Promotion page which links with Facebook to offer bonuses to players who are connected to our fan page

Financials

The game has two sources of income, Google AdSense and donations. These 2 sources have make Blade of Eternity quite profitable. Recurring costs for the game is based on server fees and advertising fees. Those who are interested may discuss financial incentives through private discussion (contact info at the end of this posting).

Price

I am asking for $1,200 USD for the game.

This total price includes the following;

• Valid McCodes v2 game licence ($100 value)
  • Custom game art (commissioned $100 value and my own designs)
  • I will share our Google Analytics with you for the entire duration of the game life
  • A pingdom account (this allows you to track worldwide connection speeds, uptimes and downtimes of your server)
  • Facebook and Twitter accounts with an established fan base
  • Admin account to the main wiki page hosted on wikia
  • Blade of Eternity game code, all related resources and documents (ex. item database in excel, graphics, etc)
  • Blade of Eternity.com registered until February 7th, 2013 with Privacy
  • Game banner and accounts on mpog100.com (game banner until Oct 5th) and gamesites200.com (game banner until Oct 19th)
  • $50 Advertising banner on gamesties200.com until October 7th
  • I am willing to offer you 10 hours of my time up to 3 weeks to help you get started and transitioned/educated on the game

* Note that this does not include hosting, and you will need to purchase your own hosting server to run the game, which I can help you to do. If you wish, I can offer you the remainder of my VPS hosting plan, but you must allow me time to transition my own websites off the server before you take over. Also, there will be an additional cost for this in proportion to how much time I have left on my hosting plan.

I am confident that I will find someone who is willing to take Blade of Eternity forward and become an active admin who makes this game even greater. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, don't hesitate to message me back with your thoughts or questions. You can message me on this forum or at [email protected].

Demo account

user: demo

pass: demo123

Game Portal References

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/Blade-of-Eternity

http://gamelist.bbgsite.com/goto/blade-of-eternity.shtml

Regards.

Edited by Diesl

@SomeRandomBastard

Thanks for the advice. I wanted to list my game here because I have frequented these forums, and know that a lot of people here are game owners/developers who would have the knowledge and passion to carry on a game such as mine. However, I will look into Flippa (thanks for that).

@rpgmonk

Please either private message me here or e-mail me at [email protected] to discuss financial information. Thank you.

Yeah gotta agree with one of the previous posts, your user list does not show any more than 1,265 registered users, which is significantly lower than the original post.

I am not interested as a buyer, but some things for you to clarify perhaps to help your sale.

Pros:

* Really great template and design for the website, seen templates of lower quality being valued at higher prices on here, higher than the $100 you said in the opening post of course.

* Original enough concept. Some great ideas for naming of items, locations etc.

* Compact layout, I don't like the long windy side menus.

Cons:

* First move I made to progress in the game, I was hospitalised for 85 minutes! That's gotta have hurt you with new sign ups so far!

* Not really many features, if I'm honest. The explore page seems to be rather empty. I'm not for putting in needless mods to flood it, but there's gotta be 5 mins of play in between energy refills, and there just isn't here. New owner will have to address that.

* Page loads for me are between 5-10 secs. Other sites running as normal for me so perhaps a problem on your end? Is that server related (as you specified the new owner to preferably have their own so wouldn't be an issue) or is it in the code?

* No game stats page. Not important for players, but after claiming 8,500 registered users, how are we to know if the 100+ claim is correct?

Hope the observations offer some insight.

Hi there,

To answer some questions

- Earnings: as stated, I require you to contact me through private chat or e-mail to discuss financial information

- I also listed that a revenue source is player - donations, which commonly means players purchasing via microtransactions.

- The reason I ask for the buyer to transfer to a new host is because I am hosting other websites on my server, and do not wish to interrupt them. However, the buyer may also buy out the remaining time of my hosting plan for the value of server time that is remaining (over a year).

- There have been roughly 8,500 players who have registered for the game. Unfortunately, players do go inactive, and they are removed from the game after a long period of inactivity (they are sent out notification e-mails several times before their account is set to expire).

@bineye

- Yes you can get lucky or not with the catacombs feature, however, new players are given items to aid them at the beginning of the game.

- You can see the number of active/registered users on the login page. This is auto-updated and is no way inflated and represents a true value of active players.

Thank you for your interest and I would be glad to answer any more questions.

I'd think about the 'taking over as admin to split profits' option myself. I would do that myself. Throwing $1,200 (or more, PLUS hosting and advertising) at a game with the high churn rate you've already had wouldn't be very wise for an investor, IMHO.

It's nice looking, but not a ton to do, so first thing I would do is add tons more features, more stuff to do, more goals. Get rid of the high Hospital times early on that tend to kill new visitors. Template is nice. More items, more quests, more depth. I know I could pump some life into the game.

Yes, this is an offer (assuming you don't get others). PM me or email me at: [email protected] if you're interested. I'm wanting/looking for a game I can jump in on and improve/add on to.

Edited by realmoflegends