MakeWebGames

[In-Depth Review] Fire Fight

Alex Riley

The Apprentice - Alex Riley is here again; Changing the gaming world one review at a time.

So... let's get down to buisness.

Game Name: Fire Fight

Game URL: http://www.firefightff.com

Game Owner(s): Reefer

These reviews as always are going to be split up into 5 different sections, these are as follows;

- Login/Register (Easy sign-up, Layouts, What could be improved, What i personally like)

- Logging In (Logging in for the first time, Information provided on game)

- Exploring the game (Are things easily found, Are things made clearer, Layout of the game)

- Staff (Are the staff friendly, How do they help, Different staff roles)

- Misc Information (Game statistics and a general overview of the games userbase, Key feautres)

Login/Register:

The login page took me by suprise when i saw this game advertised i thought it would be a second rate game with origional MC source and nothing really going for it, However i was wrong in a sence because i think this game has a lot going for it, when i saw the login page i was instantly impressed, the screenshots are their where they should be informing the user and there is no register page, instead there is a pop down menu which allows you to register on the same page as the login. Registering was fairly easy when i actually found out where to go there is no email verification needed. I think the theme of the game is very good and i really enjoyed looking through the login page of this game.

In terms of compatablity and information provided FF gets a massive 9.5/10 for the Login & Register.

Logging In:

Logging in, you can see the similarities between other games, however there are some distinct differences with the layout, the user information and stat bars are at the top left where they should always be in my opinion and the main menu has been edited to be more user firendly aswell, I did recieve a message from the owner upon logging on for the first time which i was happy about, also you get three donator days and a couple goodies for signing up so the game gives you a little boost. You also have to agree to the game rules and terms and conditions of the game. Which again i think is an amaziing feature to have.

The logging in section recieves a 8/10

Exploring the game:

It's very easy to explore this game, everything is laid out as expected with text based games, nothing is changed all that much, i like the way they have set out the different things in the game as it all fits with the game theme, there are of course new additions to the game but i grasped the concept of these features in under 20 minuites so i'm sure any other new users would. I may add that is fairly easy to get started on this game, in under 10 minuites i was a game level 5 this is good because once people see they are doing well they will stick around to see how far they can get

Exploring the game gets a good 8.5/10

Staff:

Not had a chance to really talk to any of the staff, however i have seen they have Player Moderator staff roles which i think is quite good for a game, i love the fact of having staff dedicated to nothing else other than helping users when and where they can, this is one of the reasons i think this game is very succesful

Staff gets a 7/10 because of the sheer fact that they have Player Moderators

Misc Information:

Userbase: 5156 Sign Up's

Days Active: 544

Staff Members: 4

Key Features -

- Second Server ... (Why? ... Gives new users a chance to be better and have a chance to catch up in a totally new game)

- In-Game Competitions .... (Why? ... Users can gain goodies anyway the admins can think up)

- Active Game Forums ... (Why? .... Communication between users and staff is always crucial)

- Grim City ... (Why? It's an updated battle tent but with jobs which the users can tackle aswell)

In clossing i'm going to give both Fire Fight Server 1 & 2 an overall rating of 9/10

Amazing games, i recommend checking them out.

As always... The Apprentice - Alex Riley

Hello! I was actually logging back on today (on MWG) to let people know about Fire Fight, and I was surprised to see this review.

On FireFight 1 I am Rupture [820] and on FireFight 2 and I am Rupture [4]. On both servers I am a Game MOD and I help write the newspaper with my fellow Game MOD Griff. I'm very pleased to see that you've enjoyed your time on FireFight. May I ask what your account is registered as?

If not, thats fine. Feel free to chat me up in game, though ;).

Edit: I would also like to mention that Alex merely scratched the surface of unique features that FireFight has. Along with our Grim City feature (which includes different NPCs each with their own set of items, stats, levels, etc that have the chance to drop items known has Vigor. Includes jobs/quests, etc.) we have things such as gang bosses/raids, making parts / upgrading, stones, Vigor, we have two missions, different type of token slots etc. We also have a oTH (of the Hour) competition for Busting, hitting and mugging.

Hey Alex, thanks for posting this review, I enjoyed reading it :) As for FireFight, I generally have a "me no play mccode" rule, but FF made my exception list. Their NPC / bot / Grim City system is AWESOME. They are full of missions and quests, in an mccodes game! You also have cars and the ability to race cars :O. Their vigor's are stat boosting little pills that have compelled me to stay. I actually am busy while playing it, you have things to do.

Great game IMO>

Thanks for the review, Alex. I'm always looking for ways to improve the game and it's funny you made this review because I recently was wondering what a new players first impressions would be on the game. If anyone who has run their own games and poured money into advertising is reading this, you understand the terrible feeling of looking at the huge list of level 1's who play maybe 10 seconds and leave never to be seen again. It always has me wondering if maybe things aren't in their face enough for them to give it a chance. This was a good read and gave me some confidence that the game is almost where ti should be. It's always nice to hear good things about something you have put a lot of time into, especially from an in depth review like this. Thanks again, keep doing what you're doing :thumbup: