MakeWebGames

Crossfire

(((TOLK)))

Hey all, I just wanted to discuss the free FPS game "Crossfire".

As I said, Crossfire is a free First Person Shooter. It has 5 main game modes:

Team Death Match - Players choose a team (Global Risk or Black List) and try to get the highest number of kills in a time frame, or the first team to get to a certain number of kills wins. Players re-spawn if they're killed.

Search & Destroy - Players choose one of the two teams. If you decide to be on the Black List team, you have to try placing C4 at either point A or point B. If you choose to be on the Global Risk team, you have to prevent the Black List from their objective.

Ghost Mode - If you choose to be on the Black List team, you are made invisible and given a knife and C4 (You are partially invisible when moving). Your objective is to place the C4 at the given place. If you choose to be on the Global Risk team, again, you have to prevent the Black List team from their objective.

Elimination - Similar to Team Deathmatch, only without instant re-spawn. The team that manages to eliminate all members of the enemy party wins a round. A set number of rounds needs to be won to win the game.

Mutation - This is a completely new mode which was added last week. Players start off as soldiers. After 20 seconds of the round's starting, one of the players is mutated to a green mutant. This mutant has to attack the soldiers. If the mutant touches a soldier, the soldier is immediately infected and turned to a mutant. This process carries on until there are either no mutants or no soldiers. I, personally, really enjoy this new game mode.

In addition to the two rival factions of "Global Risk" and "Black List", users can create clans. There are also clan versions of the above game modes. I am currently in the clan "Woodkirk [M]", which has been created by a friend and we're slowly getting better as a clan.

Also, what would a military game like this be without ranks? Well, I don't know because I haven't played one without them ^.^ Crossfire makes very good use of ranks as different ranks allows a user to buy different weapons and join different game servers.

Crossfire also has a range of weapons. (Sorry, can't give an exact number). You can buy the weapons from the "Item Market" or buy "crates" when you have reached the rank of "1st Class Sergeant". After purchasing a crate, there is a set chance of winning certain items, like weapons, spray tags, GP (the currency), name tags etc.

The graphics on Crossfire aren't so brilliant; it is usually criticised for its graphics. I, however, do not think it's such a downside and it's definitely playable and enjoyable.

Finally, I like the fact that on Crossfire, you can make friends. Many of the players are friendly when chatting and are always up for giving advice or helping you with controls if you just ask politely. You may, however, get the occasional "noob" thrown at you, if you make a mistake which costs the round or the game.

For more information on the game, and for a download, visit the game's homepage at:

http://crossfire.z8games.com/

If you wish to download it, I recommend using the torrent, it is a lot faster.

• 1 year later...