MakeWebGames

Wampserver- testing php

Gollimari

Im just starting to learn php so as an absolute begginer im following instructions from a tutorial website.

I have barely started and have already been held up hours just trying to

work out how to test my code (not even sure if im in the right forum but ill proceed .... )

I was given two options for testing my code

1.Find a host who supports php and test your code on their servers.

( As simple as this may sound im not sure how to do this )

2.Install PHP on your own computer

After a bit of reading i decided to download WampServer (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP) even though i know this is very advanced for me, i thought maybe i could muggle my way through, purely to test my code.

But doing this has become a real head-ache, im usig dreamweaver but only writing code ( maybe better to work on notepad ? ) and have tried various methods on the web about how to setup a php website through wamp in dreamweaver.

This is all very daunting as it was not long since i was learning css, and this seems to be a whole new ball game, but one im very motivated to learn.

Basically i was hoping someone had some instructions that would be best suited for me on how to test my php code either in dreamweaver or notepad.

Again i have read alot over the web but its more of a dummies guide i need.

P.s i only need to know how to test my code i have a good tutorial source on the programming unfortunatly they dont instruct on testin

Thanks..