MakeWebGames

[please review] Apocalypse

legrolls

Well, Apocalypse: What a Wonderful World is set in the future. Basically, it has all of the features of mccodes, plus a few original ones. For instance, there are now quests you can take that affect the game. There is one more skill with more being added soon, called mining. You will be able to travel not only to different cities, but planets, in the future.

This game isn't just a mccodes clone. It's pretty original, actually. Check it out.

http://www.apocalypse.verdlife.net

• 3 weeks later...

Re: [please review] Apocalypse: What a Wonderful World

You know what I don't understand? How boring cliche mccode clone games that's titles are: Death-City-Gangsters (fake example) are more popular than this game.

This game has loads of features. Over 100 pages are custom made, by me. For instance, you can do quests. You can train a new skill, mining. You can travel to Mars if you are a donator. You can choose your species, and different species get different quests. You can even get a pet!

This game is very original, much more original than Gangster-Paradise-Skull-Criminals or whatever everyone else's names are.

You look on the first page, and over half of the games are just mccodes rip offs. This is one of the few games set in the future, that has a plot.

It's a great game, and the players love it, even if they know that this game was based off of mccodes. It's original, which is more than I can say about most of the games here.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: [please review] Apocalypse: What a Wonderful World

The first thing i saw when i clicked the link was a big page with games on them after a minute or two i found the link for the game. Whne i go to register i see the mccodes register the login why does it have three random shapes on it. Then i got in the game. three pages with three different templates. The game stas are good for the days old of the game. How you can inprove: 1 theme throughout the game, spread the explore page out as its all odd. other than that its a good~ game you got there i would say about a 6/10

• 6 months later...

Lots of new stuff in the past couple of months since I re-opened it!

-Updated forums with cash for credits, meaning every time you post, you get money

-Customizable avatars

-Numerous new skills

-20 quests

-pets

-More multiplayer things

-Traveling to Mars

-RSS Feed (http://apocalypse.verdlife.net/rss.php)

And much, much more.

Check out the new url: http://www.apocalypse.verdlife.net

<</button>></button>0</button>

w</button>v</button>c</button>i</button>d</button>f</button>j</button>o</button>g</button>u</button>a</button>r</button>m</button>

</iframe></iframe>

• 2 weeks later...

Please dont take this the wrong way.

But your 230 days on your game, and huge inprovment could of been made through out that time. HUGE Improvment.

I Already discoverd it was not secured. Eeven the crystal market. 8|

I Suggest you work on your site as soon as your read this mail.

Ps. Your luck Dickio (Decio) hasnt hacked your game.

Just a tip but i would look to make the site more user friendly in terms of the look of the site, there is no design to the inner template and when you look at the games that are leading the way for mccodes or even just the games with more players than your game has, they all have something in common, the desire to at least offer a design.

A game with the template like yours would leave me heading for the log off button almost instantly.

Wow another note is that with voting for your site offering players a staggering 1 crystal per day, is it any wonder that your site isn't been advertised? Hardly, sort that out and get more crystals into the game.

Just MHO of course: The design is grey, and bland. Lots of features, true, but the "feel" and look of the game will draw them in initially, not the features. I've spent quite a bit of time on the "look" of my game (original layout, artwork, etc), and plan to spend even more on that aspect before adding all the features and such. It's the way of the world in terms of text games with active players and staying power, IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I looked at this post, and changed the layout, so now it's more friendly and less boring. I even made it so if you're in jail/hospital or a donator, the layout background changes, and it has a nice touch.

The crystal market is secure, but it looks like it isn't. When they click on the mysql information, it displays the data to the admin, and I can ban him at my leisure. A very convenient script.