MakeWebGames

PHP Configuration?

Draco

Anyone know how to configure PHP on a server. Mine has display_errors shut off and I want it on. Right now if there is a syntax error it just displays a blank page.

Its on a Virtual Dedicated Server, I have SSH connection. .

Re: PHP Configuration?

Arnt you creating a game engine? You should know how to configure PHP so that you know to what specifications to build it too!

I believe the php.ini file has something to do with it... I will look in a minute.

If that don't help use your friend! Google!

yeah its in there under

error_reporting

display_errors

This will cause PHP to print out the errors along with the HTML. Helpful for debugging.

Example:

Display errors to the screen.

display_errors = On

With the newest builds of php display errors if set to off by default i believe, so the

fatal errors aren't displayed in the browser, but you can go directly to

either the main error log or vhost error log.

Arnt you creating a game engine? You should know how to configure PHP so that you know to what specifications to build it too!

I believe the php.ini file has something to do with it... I will look in a minute.

If that don't help use your friend! Google!

I know what I need to change, and what file. The problem is that it won't let me open the file and edit it live, nor will it let me download it, edit it, and then upload again. Wanted to know if there was any thing I could to change it via ssh conncetion. . . .

hmmmmm. . . .

I wonder if I can delete and create a new file. . . . . . . I'll try that out in a bit!

You never said you didn't have write access. Thats a poor VPS if you don't have full control over it. I think the only way you would be able to do it is contact the host?

I'm not sure.

Well according to the file list write permissions are setup for me, however I can't find anywhere to do so, tried using fopen and writing that way but access is denied because of the files location. Yeah the panel for it sucks, guess I'm gonna have to shell out some more cash for the cpanel version, cuz the current one sucks ass.

well problem fixed, guess since the panel sucks any edits i want to do I gotta do locally and upload them, no biggy I guess....

Delete old file, upload new, restart server. . . and its all good now!

• 2 weeks later...

well problem fixed, guess since the panel sucks any edits i want to do I gotta do locally and upload them, no biggy I guess....

Delete old file, upload new, restart server. . . and its all good now!

try using

emacs php.ini

in the correct directory. if you have permission the file should open for writing.