MakeWebGames

[HELP] Crons wont update

Dazza

Hello,

I'll explain everything.

I have entered the crons correctly in crontab, with the followong command line:

curl http://********/crons/cron_hour.php?cod ... **********

The code is the same as the one in config.php

I have contacted my host and they told me a file was corrupted, they fixed it and said it works. I must agree, because the day cron updates perfect (So I think) but the others are still not working, nor are they working manually.

I'm no coder but decided to have a look at the cron scripts, I noticed an error on one of the hospital lines that I have corrected or so I believe.

It was:

$db->query("UPDATE users set hospital=hospital-1 WHERE hospital>0");

Its now:

$db->query("UPDATE users SET hospital=hospital-1 WHERE 'hospital' > 0");

Now, after doing this I decide to run the cron manually and see if it works but I got this error msg (I believe its not related to the above change I made).

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/*****/public_html/class/class_db_mysql.php on line 46

FATAL ERROR: Could not connect to database on localhost (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO))

Line 41 {

$this->connection_id=mysql_pconnect($this->host, $this->user, $this->pass) or $this->connection_error();

}

else

{

Line 46 $this->connection_id=mysql_connect($this->host, $this->user, $this->pass, 1) or $this->connection_error();

}

mysql_select_db($this->database, $this->connection_id);

return $this->connection_id;

Line 50 }

I realise the error msg says it cannot connect the my db, where/how can I change/view the log in details for this? The rest of my game works fine.

Thanks in advance

Re: [HELP] Crons wont update

replace like 46 47 and 48 with this.....

$this->connection_id=mysql_connect(host, user, >pass) or $this->connection_error();
}
   mysql_select_db(database, $this->connection_id);

obvuastly make sure you have the correct user pass and datebase in, this used to always mess us with me.

Re: [HELP] Crons wont update

i mean everything in the config file......or what ever other file you have that "Calls" the databse.........I thought that was Very clear.....

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

That mean.....in a connnecttion fail that user ROOT does NOT have access to YOUR database............and there is NO password set......

i said the code is second to check first off you need to makek sure the usre and databse is correct.