MakeWebGames

Question about a IPN system

BreakingLight

Re: Question about a IPN system

UCC, I think he wants it, so at random, it gives out 2 packs.

All you need to do is in the script, do a random statement and it the variable equals that random number, give out 2 packs, else, do one.

Hope you understand this. Looks confusing to me. Please someone make this better. lol

No UCC was right,but i really wanna know how it works.And thanks for the responce

Well the system I created (modified 2.0 code) has the donator packs setup as items. All I do, if I were to have a 2-1 sale, is to change the add_item number from 1 to 2 where I have the quantity listed.

The user links from your site to Paypal. In your link, you send information on the amount, the donator item number, and whatever other information you want to send. Once the personal pays through Paypal, Paypal sends them back to your game. Just like you sent info to Paypal, Paypal sends info to you. That info either confirms or denies that they actually paid you. It also sends back the information you sent so you can process.

Paypal, have this person pay me $3 and give me the number 6 and a yes/no once they do

Paypal sends you a Yes and the number 6, so your system can realize they payment was successful and the number they wanted was 6

Once you get the system setup, what I would do is put a variable at the top. Kinda like this...

$multiplies = 2;

mysql_query("UPDATE users SET iq=iq+(25*$multiplies);

Not familiar with IPN, so don't know how well that would work, but then you could set how many packs you wanna give out at a time.