MakeWebGames

Can you rate my game please?

88nismo

Re: Can you rate my game please?

First Impressions of the game, in my opinion for a user to play thegame your very first page should aim to sell itself to the user, now if i was to go onto your gamei would think, childish, poor graphically, which would then make me come to the conclusion that the in game would also be not worth the effort in even looking at and then i would click straight off.

Here is what i would do, firstly that template you have changeit as this is usedalot and isnt that good becasue the effects use are default photoshop patterns also the colours are a little hard on the eyes. Get a banner which tells you what the game is about without even needing text.

If you dont know how to create latyouts, edit your current one in photoshop, if you cnat di that simply ask kindly if anyone will do one for you, most people expect payment.

Well, My impressions of this game is it does need some work done to it. And Yeah, a decent template could be in order, And most people dont have the cash to pay someone,so you have to use what you can find. But Overall i think its a great start to a good game. And whoever codes this game keep it up ;) your doing a great job.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally i wouldn't play it, although i don't really play games with a dark layout.

I think some work needs done to the game, the userlist is terrifying, you should take off the donator part of the name and only have that in header and viewuser, maybe adding a little colour to it would help a billion times better

• 4 weeks later...

Aesthetics are really important when making a game.. its probably the most important thing.. and I really think Prison Life could use a little more thought and development in this area. Most of the mob games out there contain all the game play ideas you have began to incorporate but their visual design and interface are really what keep bringing people back to those big popular games over and over. So half of the game is good and appeals to someone who is looking for rich game-play.. but the aesthetics just don't keep me attached to the game like I wish they would.

I think you have done a good job here with creating the mobster-style type game. But the visuals, and layout, and everything that doesn't have to do with game-play needs more attention. Most people are not game-play fanatics.. Its amazing how far a good design will change peoples moods and things like that.. Take a look at some of the top games out there and you will notice its not the game-play they focus on.. Its visual design and aesthetic design of the game that gets a lot of thought.. Keep up the work though I hope your not discouraged by my review.. Like I said, the features are there.. just not the visual representations.. Good luck! Perseverance is 9/10ths of mastering anything so keep at it!