MakeWebGames

[mccode] Advanced Properties

Richard

This is more secure than the last one, I have spent much more time getting it right.

I'll be adding more to this in the future. Enjoy!

Add into cron_day.php

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Run SQL:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Create properties.php

Any problems let me know, I've spent all day fixing the bugs in this :)

Remove your estate.php too

Re: [mccodes lite] Advanced Properties

The rentals on this mod aren't quite finished yet, I'll get to that a little later and update first post. Multiple housing should work perfectly until then. Thanks for commenting radio_active, I only started working with LITE a couple of weeks ago but I prefer it over V2 :)

I think I've finished the mod now, enjoy!

Add into cron_day.php

Run SQL:

Create properties.php

Sorry, replace:

with:

Ignore the jobs thing for now, I havent finished work on that mod yet :)

Re: [mccode] Advanced Properties

I am actually working with this hoping to make it work correctly in V2. lol It shows your owned properties, and you can put em on the market and the other person can move in, etc etc. but it doesn't show your rented properties after they rent it. lol damn nice mod though richard and if I get this to working correctly I will let ya know.

ok everything seems to be working. Only thing I am having a problem with now is the cron isn't updating the users maxwill etc once the rental period is over. I noticed that the rented houses only shows on the person that has rented it as long as they don't move in, once they move in it disappears. Thanks for the input on this even though its made for lite lol. Most people would just say do it yourself. which is what I am trying to do lol. wondering how hard it would be to show which houses you have rented to who. Also was thinkin of a way to add in there where it won't take the renter into negative money but like say after 3 days they don't pay you can evict them. Something like it sends you an event that they haven't paid in 3 days then it gives you the option to evict. Just an idea to make it more realistic.

yeah I am using the second cron posted, everything works fine, it gives them the event that their rental time is over, etc. but it doesn't reset their will etc this is the query that should be doing it.

I added in the new events since I am using V2, thats the main reason I knew it wasn't working lol because the event was there it just didn't update the new_events. No rush on this as I know you didn't make it for V2, but I will continue to check it out and see if i can figure out what the problem is. Thanks for all your help so far and especially thanks for the great mod.

ok I have fixed it lol. Yes just now after my last post the big ole bright light bulb came on in my head and I tried something and it worked. all ya gotta do is change this

to this

tested it by running the cron manually and it worked great, updated the new events, the maxwill, etc. I also have it to where it updates their will=0 so that way they don't have more will than their max and makes the will bar huge. Now off to edit the rest of it to where it shows the house in rented even after they move in and also where it shows the person who owns the house what ones they have rented. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated. And thanks again for a great mod Richard.

edit*

Also have now made it where it sends the person who owns the house an event that the house is now vacant and may be placed on the rental market again. I will continue to add more things to it and post them when I am positive they all work, as long as its cool with Richard.

It sounds like you are doing a great job of fixing the little bugs in this mod, well done :) Feel free to expand upon it as much as you like, its always good to try out new and interesting ideas. Unfortunately I can't offer much support right now as I have quite a bit of coursework to get done, good luck anyway :)

if you use this

then you shouldn't get that error.

And another thing he isn't the one working on this to improve it more, I am. I would just be happy that he is posting free mods rather than making people pay for them ya know. I for one am very thankful that he is doing this for the CE community as I am not as good at this as he is. The way I look at it is if people request something on a free mod then they should be willing to wait as long as it takes to get it done. But thats just my two cents worth.

ok I have fixed it lol. Yes just now after my last post the big ole bright light bulb came on in my head and I tried something and it worked. all ya gotta do is change this

to this

tested it by running the cron manually and it worked great, updated the new events, the maxwill, etc. I also have it to where it updates their will=0 so that way they don't have more will than their max and makes the will bar huge. Now off to edit the rest of it to where it shows the house in rented even after they move in and also where it shows the person who owns the house what ones they have rented. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated. And thanks again for a great mod Richard.

edit*

Also have now made it where it sends the person who owns the house an event that the house is now vacant and may be placed on the rental market again. I will continue to add more things to it and post them when I am positive they all work, as long as its cool with Richard.

there is no line saying that i have looked verywhere so i replaced this

mysql_query("UPDATE users SET maxwill = 100, house = 0, WHERE house = {$r['uhID']}",$c);

with mysql_query("UPDATE users SET maxwill = 100, house = 0, new_events=new_events+1 WHERE userid = {$r['uhRENTER']}",$c);

should this still work

• 1 year later...