MakeWebGames

Modification Help

CHAMAVELI

Hey guys im making my own mod (not from scratch) by modifying the Mccodes V2 attack system and make it available in jail. I needed help with two things, the user will have to have a certain item to attack in jail, and I need to know the code to check if the user has the item. The second thing I need help with is that the user will need to make this item in jail, it takes 100 energy and will take 10 minutes. Should I make this file to make the item set something in the database to 10 and every minute the cron will remove one? If it works like this how would i make the cron credit the user with the item after the 10 minutes is over, something like if the make-item-time coloumn = 1 then it would set 1 to 0 and credit the user with the item?

I'm not sure if it makes sence but I need someone to help me because im new to PHP but this sounds like an easy mod. Thanks.

Re: Modification Help

Why would you use a cron to do this?

Should I make this file to make the item set something in the database to 10 and every minute the cron will remove one? If it works like this how would i make the cron credit the user with the item after the 10 minutes is over, something like if the make-item-time coloumn = 1 then it would set 1 to 0 and credit the user with the item?

Would be much better to use a unix*timestamp so when they start making it counts down and just a $db->query to remove the energy!

If your wanting to do this yourself, you might want to start off with making those pathetic *Slap* or *Poke* mods and then slowly improve. The query needed to select an item from inventory is a horrible but of code! I suggest instead of using that query, adding the code to make the item taking the energy and time to make, then when its completed, just have a little event that will then allow attacking whilst they are in Jail and when they go out of jail, the item isnt their anymore, hard to explain!