Jump to content
Sim

ERROR 500

Recommended Posts

So I am trying to test a cron job php file,but every time I try to list the file I get a HTTP ERROR 500.

 

http://sim.makeweb.games/FRESH/modules/installed/businesses/businesses.cron.php

Which is even clocked on from the directory but just can't get my page to load. Which it should, or show an error.

Http://sim.makeweb.games/FRESH/modules/installed/businesses

 

First 9 lines from code:, so if the page posts it should either display a php error, or "lie"

<?php
$PATH = "../../../";
$PASSWORD = "NEWPASS";
die("lie");
if($_GET['code'] != $PASSWORD)
{
  exit();
} 

 

Edited by Sim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask why do you need a cron?

Also if you have invalid PHP it wont run the script at all we would need more then the first 9 lines to debug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issue was fixed hours ago. I overlooked the errorlog file.

Cron to update something once a hour.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I strongly advise against using crons I even made a PHP class to replace them with when I’m up I’ll link it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just get a white page when accessing link no errors or nothing? 

Scrap what i said above i forgot to put the ?code=NEWPASS lol but this is what shows up for me

image.thumb.png.3078bdeac2ad021ac5f9ceb0bc5a7f71.png

Edited by SwiftGameR
Oops just noticed you already fixed it haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SwiftGameR said:

i just get a white page when accessing link no errors or nothing? 

That's what it's supposed to do.  🙂

I don't see how a cron class is more effective then a cron. Cron class has to check before executing "cronJobTypeCode".

 

The cron automatically executes the "cronJobTypeCode" with nif statement check. Then calculating minute difference and updating the time in DB. 

 

I'm pretty sure that post makes sense

@Dayo

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sim said:

I don't see how a cron class is more effective then a cron. Cron class has to check before executing "cronJobTypeCode".

For you it may be simple to set up a cron ... What if the user does not know what a cron is? What if their host does not support crons? What if they don't change the default password? What if they break the code changing that password?

The whole point of the module system in GL is to make installing modules seamless, all the tools are there to do it. I don't understand why you would want to do it that way, it just makes installing it a lot harder and  when someone buys it and cant install it will you help them set up the cron?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my crons dont work think its due to the server not wanting to be loaded down by all the minute changes. i use mccodes2 is there a program out there that can be added that does the same thing as cronjobs with out using the cronjobs? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dayo said:

For you it may be simple to set up a cron ... What if the user does not know what a cron is? What if their host does not support crons? What if they don't change the default password? What if they break the code changing that password?

The whole point of the module system in GL is to make installing modules seamless, all the tools are there to do it. I don't understand why you would want to do it that way, it just makes installing it a lot harder and  when someone buys it and cant install it will you help them set up the cron?

I understand that, show that cron example when got chance 

 

3 minutes ago, rednspirited said:

my crons dont work think its due to the server not wanting to be loaded down by all the minute changes. i use mccodes2 is there a program out there that can be added that does the same thing as cronjobs with out using the cronjobs? 

 

Should be,. Gooogle automated url brower or something similar. Should let you enter a url every X amount of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sim said:

I understand that, show that cron example when got chance 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok i have tried to run my crons via and outside cronjob and they still dont seem to work.  the outside source says no errors but nothing changes.

 

i will also add that my time and the game time is different is there a way to set the game in my timezone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rednspirited said:

ok i have tried to run my crons via and outside cronjob and they still dont seem to work.  the outside source says no errors but nothing changes.

 

i will also add that my time and the game time is different is there a way to set the game in my timezone?

 

This isnt the place to ask for help as its a different thread, try making a mew post in the McCodes forum.

try here https://makewebgames.io/forum/65-engine-support/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sim said:

That's what it's supposed to do.  🙂

I don't see how a cron class is more effective then a cron. Cron class has to check before executing "cronJobTypeCode".

 

The cron automatically executes the "cronJobTypeCode" with nif statement check. Then calculating minute difference and updating the time in DB. 

 

I'm pretty sure that post makes sense

@Dayo

Yea thats what meant to happen but stupid me forgot to put ?code=NEWPASS at the end  so obvious reasons it shows as blank 😛 updated my op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dayo said:

I strongly advise against using crons I even made a PHP class to replace them with when I’m up I’ll link it

Crons are ok to use, generally speaking. Why do you strongly advice against them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sniko said:

Crons are ok to use, generally speaking. Why do you strongly advice against them?

Yes crons are useful and have their place, i have them running on almost every server i maintain. But you have to look at the use case. If all you want to do is add 1 energy to an account every 60 seconds is a cron the best way to do it? Backing up my filesystem at 2am thats not something i want to do cronless ...

I strongly advised against them in this scenario purely for ease of install and to help Sim out in the long run, the less support calls you have to answer the more development you can do and more money you make. Plus it gives the customer a better experience if they can just upload a zip file and everything is done. They don't have to chase the developer but because of time zones/weekends it takes 3/4 days to get it fixed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...