MakeWebGames

[GLV2][MOD][$30] Ajax Chat w/ Private Messages & Gang Chat

Dave

I've just released version 1.2.0, a small incremental update to ensure this mod continues to work with new versions of GLv2:

• Ensure module archive is named correctly so installation errors don't occur
  • Implement new profileLink hook to show "Chat" link on profile 
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Dave said:

I've just released version 1.2.0, a small incremental update to ensure this mod continues to work with new versions of GLv2:

• Ensure module archive is named correctly so installation errors don't occur
  • Implement new profileLink hook to show "Chat" link on profile 

No chat hook?

13 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

You should add one. I’m not sure if you can make it from the “system” for example

What would you like said hook to do? Happy to add it but a bit confused on it's purpose 🙂

1 hour ago, Dave said:

What would you like said hook to do? Happy to add it but a bit confused on it's purpose 🙂

Lets just say for example a player kills another player, you can add a hook to insert a chat line saying "So and so just killed player so and so". It would just be like kind of "Global Events"

1 minute ago, KyleMassacre said:

Lets just say for example a player kills another player, you can add a hook to insert a chat line saying "So and so just killed player so and so". It would just be like kind of "Global Events"

Ah okay I get you 🙂 yeah I’ll think about adding it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 6:13 PM, KyleMassacre said:

Like the last words from heaven? Haha 😅

4 hours ago, SaMz said:

I've seen a few mods on the marketplace that has renewal price. Does that need to be paid to keep using the mods?

Nope, it just means you have to pay for any new updates. Honestly it doesn't really make sense, I'll remove the renewal price from this mod 🙂

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, AinzOoalGown said:

Hey, great mod!

This might be a stupid question but how do I enable or add emoji's to the chat system?

Thanks 

you could use an emoji library i personally like to use Twemoji or just enable utf8mb4 in the database this allow html emojis to be used. 

Edited by URBANZ
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, URBANZ said:

you could use an emoji library i personally like to use Twemoji or just enable utf8mb4 in the database this allow html emojis to be used. 

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean setting the collation in chat database to "utf8mb4_general_ci"?

I would love to use twemoji but I dont have the knowledge on how to add it haha

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, AinzOoalGown said:

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean setting the collation in chat database to "utf8mb4_general_ci"?

I would love to use twemoji but I dont have the knowledge on how to add it haha

yes thats exactly what i mean should have been more specific lol, you dont have to change the whole database collation just the fields that will be storing the emojis in. you can also change the PDO connection like below. 

so in dbconn.php change 

$db = NEW glPDO("mysql:host=" . $config["db"]["host"] . ";dbname=" . $config["db"]["database"], $config["db"]["user"], $config["db"]["pass"]);

to

$db = NEW glPDO("mysql:host=" . $config["db"]["host"] . ";dbname=" . $config["db"]["database"], $config["db"]["user"], $config["db"]["pass"], array(PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND => "SET NAMES utf8mb4"));

Edited by URBANZ

Thanks @URBANZ I changed what you said but it doesn't seem to be working.

I changed the dbconn.php, as well as changed "CH_text" in chat db to utf8mb4_general_ci but emoji's still wont show in chat messages. Anything Im doing wrong?

EDIT: Just noticed that when I add a message its not "chat>CH_text" that updates, it creates a BLOB in "CM_messages"...

Edited by AinzOoalGown

23 hours ago, AinzOoalGown said:

Hey, great mod!

This might be a stupid question but how do I enable or add emoji's to the chat system?

Thanks 

You can to use your OS's default Emoji system, this is activated on Mac via CTRL + CMD + SPACE and it looks like this:

image.thumb.png.b0fc914a5722f520a412d9f621e1abb7.png

• Like 1

• 2 years later...