Ian

The Plan

Hey all,

So glad to have you here, our Discord is growing, we are now up to 30 members, with a bunch of interest all around from people wanting to use it, people wanting to build with it, theme it. It's so great to see a community thrive!

It is time to get a plan together on what is happening as it's no longer a one man mission. I don't have any intentions to rush a 1.0 release at all, I'm happy with it sitting in beta for a while. I also think as more people use it, more requirements from the engine will be needed. It's hard to judge what can help when extensions haven't been built yet.

What needs to happen before a 1.0?

- An event system needs to be implemented, something similar to wordpress hooks and filters

- Theme support to switch themes and install new ones

- Add in some default helper functionality such as a WYSIWYG and HTML purifier to that extensions can easily use one.

- Ban system which Kyle is working on

- Skip character selection if the user only has one character for a smoother experience

Extension wise a few things are also needed

- Install system

- Auto Upgrade system

- Integration with the MWG marketplace
 - OAuth on pbbg.io
 - Install from MWG,

I want to create a whole bunch of extensions before 1.0 hits, but once we are at a stable enough stage I will let people know they can safely develop on it. For now I am trying not to break anything, but I can't be 100% certain.

I hope to be 1.0 by summer if not earlier. Any questions hop into the Discord or shout here 🙂

Edited by Ian
  • Like 5