MNG

WC: Ruthless

Posted (edited)

Welp here is the project I am currently working on, so far not many changes beside the design concept. Before anyone tell me it look like torn I am aiming for the torn look.

The goal here is to make a game that is mobile friendly that give players freedom and a lot of paths to choose from. WC: Ruthless is more of  a apocalypse RPG game,  although getting cures and zombies will play a big effect in the game the world is restoring back to normal and players can choose how they will like to play. You can become a entrepreneur, mercenary or even a politician  in this sick world. Players will rule the game not much rules when it comes to it,  staff will not take in any play in the game except for WC Government, all other staff will be developers of the game. Although this seem lazy,  members will be able to vote for a president of the game and the president will have almost admin access to the game front end of the game when it comes to setting taxes,  rules of trade, etc. That's all I can tell you guys for now.

Working on?

I am currently working on the design concept for both Desktop & Mobile

desktop.thumb.png.e67ccae093b0987a066bd59ed8974ecb.png

mobile.png.88fffaf09a4fb9f6fe5bc3f0ba820932.png

What's Next?

- The game runs off PHP 5.6 so i'm debating if I want to convert it to PHP 7 before fixing all the features use to work or after.

- Redo the whole staff section

- Convert a few mods from GRPG/MCCODE to this script

- Try to get some type of advertisement

- Release to the public  (still debating on how to make my website available in multiple languages but really haven't did any research on it as well just a thought for me.)

Edited by MNG
  • Like 2

PHP 7, maybe. Depends on what you actually want/need. If the code base is more OO then I would say to do it.

For a translation service there are a number of ways. One would be like a json/config file where you can store some strings in an array

return [
  'hello' => [
    'en' => 'hello',
    'fr' => 'bonjour'
  ]
];
_t('hello', 'fr');

Of course I would let you write the function but basically it takes the string in param 1 and finds that in your array and pulls up the value of the key "language" you set in param 2

4 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

PHP 7, maybe. Depends on what you actually want/need. If the code base is more OO then I would say to do it.

For a translation service there are a number of ways. One would be like a json/config file where you can store some strings in an array

return [ 'hello' => [ 'en' => 'hello', 'fr' => 'bonjour' ] ]; _t('hello', 'fr');

return [
  'hello' => [
    'en' => 'hello',
    'fr' => 'bonjour'
  ]
];
_t('hello', 'fr');

Of course I would let you write the function but basically it takes the string in param 1 and finds that in your array and pulls up the value of the key "language" you set in param 2

So the PHP version doesn't matter?

Probably for what you have, I doubt it. If you decide to try and use 3rd party libs through something like composer, then you most likely would need to since a lot of people started updated to PHP 7. Chances are, if you upgrade to 7, your game should still run fine. You could always go local and test out PHP 7 using something like vargrant and see how it works 

2 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

Probably for what you have, I doubt it. If you decide to try and use 3rd party libs through something like composer, then you most likely would need to since a lot of people started updated to PHP 7. Chances are, if you upgrade to 7, your game should still run fine. You could always go local and test out PHP 7 using something like vargrant and see how it works 

I always thought it was an security risk when it comes to outdated PHP versions.

6 hours ago, MNG said:

I always thought it was an security risk when it comes to outdated PHP versions.

Yes there is, PHP themselves won't release security updates for legacy versions when they reach EOL. There's normally forked versions that do back port security versions though. I'd strongly recommend upgrading to PHP 7 as you'll thank yourself later.

10 hours ago, Dave said:

Yes there is, PHP themselves won't release security updates for legacy versions when they reach EOL. There's normally forked versions that do back port security versions though. I'd strongly recommend upgrading to PHP 7 as you'll thank yourself later.

You wouldn't happen to know a PHP 5 to PHP 7 converter by any chance :D?

1 hour ago, MNG said:

You wouldn't happen to know a PHP 5 to PHP 7 converter by any chance :D?

Have you tried running 7? Chances are hardly anything will break your code. You may get, if anything, warning notices but if you’re not getting them in 5.6 you should be ok

6 minutes ago, KyleMassacre said:

Have you tried running 7? Chances are hardly anything will break your code. You may get, if anything, warning notices but if you’re not getting them in 5.6 you should be ok

A few pages break, but not all which is weird.

Well that should be simple enough to fix. Care to post a couple of the errors and I am sure some of us could help

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KyleMassacre said:

Well that should be simple enough to fix. Care to post a couple of the errors and I am sure some of us could help

Well these 3 pages go blank, no errors pop up which is weird to me

profile.php faction.php forums.php

Edited by MNG

error_reporting(E_ALL); // Error engine - always ON!

ini_set('ignore_repeated_errors', TRUE); // always ON

ini_set('display_errors', TRUE); // Error display - OFF in production env or real server

ini_set('log_errors', TRUE); // Error logging

Try putting that in your files and see what happens

1 hour ago, KyleMassacre said:

error_reporting(E_ALL); // Error engine - always ON! ini_set('ignore_repeated_errors', TRUE); // always ON ini_set('display_errors', TRUE); // Error display - OFF in production env or real server ini_set('log_errors', TRUE); // Error logging

error_reporting(E_ALL); // Error engine - always ON!

ini_set('ignore_repeated_errors', TRUE); // always ON

ini_set('display_errors', TRUE); // Error display - OFF in production env or real server

ini_set('log_errors', TRUE); // Error logging

Try putting that in your files and see what happens

Yeah I still get nothing, 

Posted (edited)

There is something I am curious about. Do ALL your files contain the include to the bbcode parser or is it just these ones? Because I know some old bbcode parsers look something like:

class bbcode {
  public function bbcode($someParams)
  {
    // this would cause an error since they removed this type of constructor
  }
  public function __construct($someParams)
  {
    //this is a correct constructor
  }
}

See here

I incorrectly stated that they removed PHP4 style constructors, they are deprecated. Also I am sure that you have some sort of error logs that you can see if you look hard enough

Edited by KyleMassacre
Added reference link

29 minutes ago, KyleMassacre said:

There is something I am curious about. Do ALL your files contain the include to the bbcode parser or is it just these ones? Because I know some old bbcode parsers look something like:

class bbcode { public function bbcode($someParams) { // this would cause an error since they removed this type of constructor } public function __construct($someParams) { //this is a correct constructor } }

class bbcode {
  public function bbcode($someParams)
  {
    // this would cause an error since they removed this type of constructor
  }
  public function __construct($someParams)
  {
    //this is a correct constructor
  }
}

See here

I incorrectly stated that they removed PHP4 style constructors, they are deprecated. Also I am sure that you have some sort of error logs that you can see if you look hard enough

[11-Mar-2019 04:57:29 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bbcode has a deprecated constructor in /home/wise/public_html/the-_-file/includes/bbcode_parser.php on line 21
[11-Mar-2019 04:57:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  'break' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /home/wise/public_html/the-_-file/includes/bbcode_this.php on line 17

bbcode_this.php bbcode_parser.php

In bbcode_this where it says stuff like if(!$tag) { break; } change break; to return; and in bbcode parser you are not supposed to have a method named the same as it’s class. Change that to __construct <- 2 underscores 

14 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

In bbcode_this where it says stuff like if(!$tag) { break; } change break; to return; and in bbcode parser you are not supposed to have a method named the same as it’s class. Change that to __construct <- 2 underscores 

Great, it work!

So all errors are out of the game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MNG said:

So all errors are out of the game.

... all known errors ... 😄

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Alan said:

... all known errors ... 😄

The wonders of software development eh.

Just gonna say @Alan &@Alan  jinks me but having fun learning more about this engine. 

Recent updates that I have done is 

- Fix Awards

- Fix Factions

- Register 

- Style a few pages

Problems That I Am Aware Of

- Albums (Uploading but not letting players see them), I don't like the idea of users uploading images so I will go the link route

- Items, I don't know yet but i'm sure it's fishy

- Forgotten, need to make it relate to the game

- Mobile, some pages aren't mobile friendly

- Donation,  Need to test the donation

- Register, members not getting all the tables they should have

Here's a few pages I recently touch up

download (1).png

download (2).png

download (3).png

download (4).png

download.png

- Albums (Uploading but not letting players see them), I don't like the idea of users uploading images so I will go the link route

Linking is even worse than letting users uploading their files. I can link to a malicious png that embeds PHP code and suddenly I can see things I shouldn't. Uploading files when done correctly is the only way to go.

On CrimeBloc I allow users to link images, but then I pull them and rehost them on a CDN to prevent this.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5101993/can-a-php-shell-be-injected-into-an-image-how-would-this-work

ThePHPLeague has a great filesystem package you can utilise. https://github.com/thephpleague/flysystem

• Like 1

I actually made a Education mod for this engine years ago worked well, I also helped create some of the scripts within the admin panel

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 3:59 PM, illusions said:

I actually made a Education mod for this engine years ago worked well, I also helped create some of the scripts within the admin panel

Welp if you still got them or available for hire shoot me a PM boss man 🙂

16 hours ago, ags_cs4 said:

good luck even tho this type of game is almost dead but wish u good luck 🙂 

Thanks!

https://prnt.sc/n8p8qn

Been working on this mod I converted from GRPG to the RC engine, trying to figure out how I would would replace the username if the player has a image name?