Jump to content
Magictallguy

To what are you currently listening?

Recommended Posts

Some people have a certain playlist, others set autoplay on YouTube/Spotify and let it do its thing.
Me? I listen to a lot of ghettofunk, ska, electroswing when coding. I find it helps me keep pace.
Right now, YouTube's doing its thing and has landed on Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb - after having played Shake Your Tailfeather from the Blues Brothers.

So, what's your bag? What gets you in the drive to work/do your thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually don’t listen to music while I program. I find it distracting because the rest of my air band comes over for practice it seems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KyleMassacre said:

I actually don’t listen to music while I program. I find it distracting because the rest of my air band comes over for practice it seems

How do you block out all the annoying noises around you when you're working?

If I'm programming I have the music on but I'm not actually listening to it, it's just there as a nice distraction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dave said:

How do you block out all the annoying noises around you when you're working?

If I'm programming I have the music on but I'm not actually listening to it, it's just there as a nice distraction.

Luckily for me it’s not my job. Plus it’s pretty quiet because I am an early bird doing everyone is still sleeping

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always have some sort of background noise, whether it be the tv or music doesn't matter. I don't have to have it playing but I like the background noise.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally speaking anything:

Often on repeat:

And:

And then, general travel is:

And then the driving playlist:

I suppose I listen to anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything instrumental.  Words will just pull me right out of my focus.

Btw, I appreciate the wording of this question.  I've heard it said that the rule against ending on prepositions is antiquated.  To that, I say, "what for?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 11:21 PM, FoohonPie said:

Anything instrumental.  Words will just pull me right out of my focus.

Btw, I appreciate the wording of this question.  I've heard it said that the rule against ending on prepositions is antiquated.  To that, I say, "what for?".

I'm a Brit ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...