MakeWebGames

DrugDistrict - The ultimate Drug & War MMORPG

Frosty

Hi all,

I wanted to get some feedback about the game i have in development.

Who i have on my team:

Coder - Sebastian Witt (http://visiolist.com//)

Designer - Brainchild (http://brainchild.pl/)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

DrugDistrict is in Beta-Testing mode! Feel free to join and test it out :) - http://drugdistrict.com/

Username: test

Password test

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game is in a Cuban type setting and is based on Dealing Drugs and waging war against other players, it will be a custom game engine which is being created by Dave Macaulay from scratch. The estimated beta testing for this game is early January but we do not have a fixed date yet. Now i haven't got a lot to show at the moment as we only began putting things in place recently but i have the first preview of how the game will look inside. I will be adding more and more to this thread as time goes by so expect the unexpected!

Login Page:

login.png

Ingame Page:

ingame.png

Please feel free to express your suggestions and opinions or ideas!

Edited by Frosty

The game will be basic enough for anyone to get the hang of it and once they do they will have access to a lot more features which will make gameplay a lot more interesting.

Some planned features:

• Farms (Stackable &Upgradable to better ones so that they produce more drugs + the ability to use attribute points to increase the quality)
  • Sales Teams (Stackable & Upgradeable to better ones so that they sell more drugs + the ability to use attribute points to increase the sales price)
  • Army (You can equip your army with multiple weapons (defensive & offensive)) you entire army can battle against other armies to steal money & drugs)
  • Housing (Stackable & Upgradeable to better housing which can house more soldiers)
  • Forums (Basic forums with most features like vBulletin)
  • Chatroom (Basic chatroom with smilies and ability to see how is active or not in them)
  • Districts (The equivalent of gangs with the ability to tax all members a certain % based on their cash steals and ability to go to full out war with other districts)

The game will be round based (30 day rounds) with prizes for the top players & top districts (In-Game rewards/Cash)

Thats just the tip of the iceberg :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So it's bee a little while since i have said anything about the game, this has mainly been due to problems with the coder at the time as things were not moving as fast as they would with a professional coder. The current coder is Sebastian Witt who is also one of the lead developers of a software called visiolist php topsite script, he has been working with me for the past few weeks on the game and has been a brilliant help, he is a brilliant coder whose ability far exceeds my expectations. The game is currently in a Beta-Test to see if there are any bugs in anything that has currently been coded, if you feel like having a look around please go to:

http://drugdistrict.com/

Please feel free to join and test the game out! Any feedback is appreciated.

What has been done so far:

The login & In-game templates have been integrated into the game.

The login has been recoded with a custom register.

The housing system has been completely recoded.

The drug growing system has been created.

The dealer selling system has been created.

Item system has been completely recoded.

Ranking/scoring system has changed.

Attribute system has been created.

Ledger has been created (statement view of account).

All above come with their own relevant admin settings.

Currently in development:

Attack system (Complete recode)

Donation System (Based of Dave's Donation Mod)

- PayPal Payments

- Telephone Payments

- Survey Payments

Chatroom System

The game pretty much is a fully working demo at the moment.

Edited by Frosty

Good job.

Some pointers:

- The donating seem to give really a lot. I disagree with doing that, donating shouldn't provide you benefit, I am quite sure without doing a donation you would be having problem competing with the "top players". It would remove the competitiveness play between non-donator and donaters, note I'm just speculating, but hey, it seems like ****loads of stuff. Have a look what Travian does, that's more fair "benefits".

- You should put the posts in the forums in some box, or structure it better, it looks and is confusing and hard-to read, and I believe with many posts it would become very unstructured.

- Make the tutorial happening, I have no idea what to do, and I am ranking #5 ;) (Nevermind I found one (the tutorial link in the top navigation doesn't work), hey put some pictures here, i barely want to read this wall of text.

- More soldier "classes"? :)

- Images on http://drugdistrict.com/shops.php broken.

- CRITICAL ERROR. ****.

- "Every farm that you can purchase will have a "Price Modifier". A Price Modifier tells you how much of an increase in price your next farm will cost compared to the price of the last one you bought, so for example if the original price of an farm is $1000.00 and the Price Modifier is at 50% then your second purchase will be $1500.00 and your third purchase will be an extra 50% on top of the cost of your second purchase which will be $2250.00 and so on. The Price Modifier prevents a cumulative monopoly effect, so instead the price goes up by whatever % the Price Modifier is set at for every additional duplicate of that farm that you buy." The price modifier should be 150% :P math.

- "Hire Soldiers", make some UI which simplifes the buying, maybe crisp it up a bit, for example if i select 50, i would want to know instantly how much that costs without having to open my calculator.

- A better UI/overview of my farms.

- Where can I see my "score"? Apparently, I can't attack some players. Filter for this? I'd rather see some, 3 days similar, will there be any type of map for this? Or just go straight to the user list -> attack?

Edited by Aventro

Good job.

Some pointers:

- The donating seem to give really a lot. I disagree with doing that, donating shouldn't provide you benefit, I am quite sure without doing a donation you would be having problem competing with the "top players". It would remove the competitiveness play between non-donator and donaters, note I'm just speculating, but hey, it seems like ****loads of stuff. Have a look what Travian does, that's more fair "benefits".

- You should put the posts in the forums in some box, or structure it better, it looks and is confusing and hard-to read, and I believe with many posts it would become very unstructured.

- Make the tutorial happening, I have no idea what to do, and I am ranking #5 ;) (Nevermind I found one (the tutorial link in the top navigation doesn't work), hey put some pictures here, i barely want to read this wall of text.

- More soldier "classes"? :)

- Images on http://drugdistrict.com/shops.php broken.

- CRITICAL ERROR. ****.

- "Every farm that you can purchase will have a "Price Modifier". A Price Modifier tells you how much of an increase in price your next farm will cost compared to the price of the last one you bought, so for example if the original price of an farm is $1000.00 and the Price Modifier is at 50% then your second purchase will be $1500.00 and your third purchase will be an extra 50% on top of the cost of your second purchase which will be $2250.00 and so on. The Price Modifier prevents a cumulative monopoly effect, so instead the price goes up by whatever % the Price Modifier is set at for every additional duplicate of that farm that you buy." The price modifier should be 150% :P math.

- "Hire Soldiers", make some UI which simplifes the buying, maybe crisp it up a bit, for example if i select 50, i would want to know instantly how much that costs without having to open my calculator.

- A better UI/overview of my farms.

- Where can I see my "score"? Apparently, I can't attack some players. Filter for this? I'd rather see some, 3 days similar, will there be any type of map for this? Or just go straight to the user list -> attack?

Thank you for your feedback, regarding the donation side of things it will be changed, the current donation page is the default mccodes which will not apply to the game, the way it will work is that some items will cost game cash + credits, and the only thing a donator will be able to buy is credits, there will also be a credit market where users can sell their credits to other users for game cash.

Forums layout will be improved with all the other visual layouts :)

soldier classes is a potential good idea but at the moment to keep it simple just offensive & defensive although i am planning something like tribalwars where they have some sort of a "rock, paper scissors" type soldiers.

the price modifier is correct maths :P the price increase by a "further" 50% although i will make it more clear on that page.

Hire soldiers UI will be updated and some sort of price calculator will be there.

attack is currently being worked on, there are so many conditions & outcomes that you wont believe and it will be a straight -> user list -> attack although i am planning some sort of map like tribalwars.

A lot of the site UI still needs to be updated but it is on it's way :)

Attack is being recoded :)

Attack will now be used on level, each level is reached by getting a certain score and then you are limited to attack users in your own level, and 3 below and 3 above, there will also be an attack page listing users with the most cash/drugs and with the risk level.

Attack is being recoded :)

Attack will now be used on level, each level is reached by getting a certain score and then you are limited to attack users in your own level, and 3 below and 3 above, there will also be an attack page listing users with the most cash/drugs and with the risk level.

Awesome new concept, Frosty!

But can be a total mistake if you don't factor in something -- gangs.

If I am a strong level 10 and in war, I should be able to hit a weak level 30 (for example)

I've seen this implemented in a lot of games, where was wasn't factored in, and it hurt the game.

During war, no rules should apply.

Let me first explain how it works, to achieve a level a user has to have a certain score, for example level 1 minimum score is 10k and level 10 minimum score is 100k and a level 30 would be 3mill score, now the score is a very accurate estimate whether you are able to win as the score depends on (credibility+notoriety)/2 + (total cash spent/5)= score so if a user has a score of 100k (level 10) they do not have more than ~200 defensive/offensive soldiers, whereas someone who is level 30 has the ability to hire 1.5k defensive/offensive soldiers, this is very accurate as a users score takes into account the amount of cash they have spent and a minimum of 40% of cash in the game will be spent on housing and housing dictates how many troops you have to defend you therefore to prevent noob bashing this limit has to be put into place as other a player (level 30) could be picking on a level 5 players.

The level system is completely different to the default mccodes system as you only gain levels by your score, and not by experience therefore it would be near enough impossible for a level 10 to defeat a level 30 and if i did allow for level 10's to attack level 30's i would have to allow level 30's to attack level 10's which would mess up a lot of stuff :P

I hope it makes more sense :)

Server has been upgraded!

From Shared Hosting :p

to

Dedicated Server! :)

Server Spec:

Processor: E3-1245v2

Memory: 32GB DDR3

Hard Drive: 2x 120GB SSD

RAID: RAID 1

Port: Dedicated 100mpbs

Bandwidth: Premium Unmetered