MakeWebGames

New Index !!!

KashBFD

Right well i know its nothing impressive, and it only took me along the lines of 2-3 hours i managed to make a new index.

Its still on the free server so is running quite slow..

please let me know how i could improve it..

and i know the main font is not looking very magnificiant but maybe someone could advise a font or so?

www.thm.x10.mx

screenshot.jpg

Edited by KashBFD

Screenshot or demo?

Yes, I am incredibly lazy, but I am not the only one. :)

Amend: Looking good.

Amend Amend: Not to sure, why half a car is missing, nor why the car still exists within the two outer characters (blended with background) but, looking good.

Edited by Djkanna

It is a nice use of coloring and texture, however way too many copyrighted images on your site. If it came any where near successful it will get shut down and most likely sued.

Thanks for the advice, i appreciate it.. also i was thinking the same about the car behind he characters.. it was a quick brush up, using the erase tool lol.

Would you know anyone on here who would be able to make a couple for me? Also the pictures i used have been from official psds.com where people upload there work for people to use.. so of what i beleive if im wrong please correct me.

Thanks.

Thanks, loool, no worrys i see what you mean.. its just everytime you even want to post a thread you got to worry about people commenting trying to put you or your product down.. and i honestly dont know why apart from the fact there is normaly a big number of noobs who also post there crap on here.. and im sorry but i forgot to take a new screen shot of the index.. but people can still see it by going to the website and clicking refresh..

www.thm.x10.mx

It is not a Creative Commons copyright. Just because someone posted up a template with those image on it doesn't necessarily mean that you can use them. Second, it's not trying to really put you down, but honestly telling you that your game needs to be unique for people to wan to play it. I have checked the inside and can tell the layout has been redone, but for the most part it's a game with about 100's of features with no personal direction or story line (except maybe for the generic one).

Well, atleast you found the effort to comment.. Right right well what ever you say about the copyright whatver.. they will do for now .. maybe once and if the game goes big ill pay someone to make me some characters if it makes you feel better.. lol not like i wouldnt pay for some now but i got a lot of other more important stuff to be paying for.. also for the org factor of the game.. well the idnex and the layout do have a huge impact on this .. not to mention a lot of the crimes are kinda unique.. e,g, plane thefts.. intense, immense crimes, drug smuggle, oc maybe not but it was a payed mod .. And more to the point its work in slow progress thanks so its getting there.. and im really sure that the story line is last thing on my mind right about now.. LOL

I think a story line is very important. You might think they are unique, but they are repeated features in the game. Instead of stealing a car, you are stealing a plane. Why steal a plane? How would I have 5 options to steal a plane? It just doesn't' make sense to me.I have seen and played (in the past) many games like this. You lose interest if all you doing is hit buttons just to rack in money and exp, but not actual goal in the end. Like I said, not trying to be critical. It's just the game needs some direction. IE. Moblifegame.com is basically a game that has half the features you do.

Sorry this is a rant off topic. I'll stop right here.

That should be the first thing you should think of for a good MMO...

Indeed and the game will lack focus without a well thought out story line and game content to go with it. Your thinking in the wrong direction. When the game gets big ill invest into it. Cant really see it getting big with that frame of mind. People will take one look decide xxx mafia game is better and not bother.

Right well, i think your taking it the wrong im happy for the advise like i said, that is why i started the thread that was on my "index". I know what your saying is right yes you should be thinking about story line etc etc.. however isnt the games protection and running correctly more important.. once the game is running smoothly then you should work on the games story line and tweak it up.. i havent even got no way near half the way yet.. infact barely started.. jus had enough of looking at the same design day in n out.. not forgeting i had it up in 2007-08 with the same look.

But once again thanks for commenting all advice welcome.

P.S, to the pro on the uniqueness.. the steal planes crimes has 5 options that you can decide on .. all 5 have diff succ rates, money rates, rank rates, and time rates.. the player chooses which is ideal.. and i have added the hangers/dealerships, and upgrade shops just got the race scirpts to do so you can race the planes and the boats like the cars and then maybe add bikes 2.. the aim is to have more than enough options for the user to stay entertained until the other timers are up.. it is time based. Dont worry everyone has there own opinions but all im saying is its got a long way to go beleive me.. dont thinking im some noob with freebie scripts looking for some income lol.. its nothing other than spare time on my hands for .. or until i go to uni.. ;)